ALL ADS NEED TO BE UPLOADED THROUGH SEND MY AD
All ads need to be uploaded directly to our new online preflight program – “Send My Ad.” Your artwork will be processed instantly and you will receive feedback on anything that needs to be corrected on your ad. You will also see a preview of your prefl ighted ad.
First time users will be asked to create an account. To upload your ad, click on “Send Files” from the lefthand menu under Actions. Select the magazine, ad size, color type, proof type and the issue your ad will be featured in. Note: once you select your ad size, the bleed and safety requirements will pop up directly underneath. Click on the “Choose Files” button at the bottom of the page. You will then see the standard Browse menu. Select your file and upload. Note: the system can only accept PDF X-1a files. Make sure that your file is not within a zipped folder as the system will not recognize zip folders. Your file will be instantly processed by the system and you will receive a preview on screen of your ad with the trim, bleed and safety lines. Please visually proof your ad to make sure all text/logos are within the safety area. You can review any warning messages that appear on the right-hand side of the screen. Each warning will have a button you can click for more information. If you have any questions about what the warnings mean, please contact the production coordinator for that title. You will see an “Approve” or “Reject” button on the right-hand side. If you do not see the “Approve” option, it means that your ad will need to be revised before we can accept it. Please review the warnings and upload a revised version of your ad to proceed. Once you have reviewed the warnings and have either uploaded a revised ad or approved the ad with warnings, Lumina Media will receive your print-ready artwork.
We are only able to accept PDF X-1a files
1. All color photos must be CMYK.
2. All B&W photos must be grayscale.
3. All Pantone/spot colors must be converted to CMYK.
4. Large coverage of black* must be converted to rich black (ex: C-40%, M-20%, Y-20%, K-100%)
5. Rich black body text must be converted to black only.
6. Minimum resolution for images is 266 dpi.
7. Bleed ads must have a bleed of .125” on all sides. Please keep trim marks, register marks and color bars out of the entire print area, including the bleed area.
8. Do not save a pdf from Word or Publisher.
9. Minimum text size is 6 pt for black text and 10 pt for color or knocked out text.
10. Files built using the transparency feature in Illustrator or InDesign could produce unpredictable and/or unexpected results. Some loss of quality may occur when printed, especially where a transparency overlaps text. All text and logos must be on top of any transparencies.
11. Maximum Ink Density* or Dmax is 280% and for best quality, always follow our printers’ guidelines of 300% total CMYK ink coverage.
12. Only use vector-based** text.