LUMINA MEDIA, LLC CONTENT POLICY
Lumina Corporation (“Lumina”) has created this Advertisement Content Policy (“Policy”) to set down binding obligations on third parties who enter into agreements with Lumina for the provision of services and/or display of Advertising Materials (as defined below) on Lumina owned or operated web pages, domains, properties, applications, mobile devices, or other platforms (collectively, “Lumina Properties”). This Policy is incorporated into our Lumina Media or insertion orders, and any other Lumina agreements that reference this Policy, and as such, is binding at all times on third parties who provide services, or display Advertising Materials (as defined below) on the Lumina Properties.
All advertisements (in any form including graphical, audio, video, multimedia, or text-based), listings, artwork, copy, articles, images, Flash, rich media, audio/video files, procured content, code, directories, databases, trade dress, and all related technical features or other creative elements (collectively, “Advertising Materials”) provided to Lumina by any third party and/or delivered or displayed by a third party on our Lumina Properties must meet the following standards and requirements.
Lumina partners, advertisers, agencies and their affiliates (collectively, “Partners”) may not submit any Advertising Materials to Lumina for display on the Lumina Properties that promote any of the following:
- Products and/or services that promote, encourage, facilitate, obfuscate and/or result in the violation of any applicable law, rule and/or regulation in the jurisdiction(s) in which such Advertising Materials will be displayed;
- Discrimination, defamation, prejudice and/or violence against any individual and/or group based on race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status;
- Products and/or services that promote, encourage, facilitate, obfuscate and/or result in fraud;
- Online gaming, including online bingo, lotteries, casinos, sports books, poker, mahjong, blackjack, among other games of chance, as well as any goods or services related to any of the foregoing, which could result in the violation of any applicable law, rule and/or regulation in the jurisdiction(s) in which such Advertising Materials or content will be displayed;
- Prescription drugs or products represented to have the effects of prescription drugs, where the website to which the Advertising Materials directs an Internet end-user is not verified through PharmacyChecker’s Verification Program (https://www.pharmacychecker.com/sealprogram/choose.asp) and/or which could result in the violation of any applicable law, rule and/or regulation in the jurisdiction(s) in which such Advertising Materials will be displayed;
- Pornography, expressly including any such content or materials involving anyone under the age of 18 years old, non-consensual sexual activity, bestiality, necrophilia, incest, or sexually suggestive materials involving anyone under the age of 18 years old in any way; and/or
- Activities that promote, encourage, facilitate, obfuscate, and/or result in or might generally be perceived to be a threat or perceived threat to public or national security.Additionally, Partners may not submit Advertising Materials of any kind to Lumina for display on the Lumina Properties that:
- Utilize, infringe or misappropriate Lumina’s or a third party’s copyrighted materials without the express permission of Lumina or such third party copyright holder;
- Utilize, infringe or misappropriate Lumina’s or a third party’s federal trademarks, trade secrets, patents, or other rights without the express permission of Lumina or such third party;
- Violate the formats or designations set forth in any agreement with Lumina with respect to the type of Advertising Materials that will be accepted (e.g., no-adult, gambling, Flash, HTML only, animated, advertising sizes, image quality, ad layout, etc …);
- Contain a URL that links to a non-functional website or links to a website other than the website referenced in the URL;
- Have the effect of disabling tracking by Lumina when such Advertising Materials are displayed to an end-user;
- Contain pre-populated boxes or deliver an end user to a location other than the location reasonably represented by such Advertising Materials;
- Expand, pop up, or otherwise obscure any portion of the Lumina Properties by any means or in any way without an end user’s consent as reasonably demonstrated through his or her affirmative action (e.g., click) on such Advertising Materials;
- Contain offensive, deceptive or inappropriate language and/or images;
- Contain any material that is harmful, abusive, vulgar, or obscene;
- Contain misleading, manipulative, deceitful, misleading, unsubstantiated, inaccurate, and/or unsupported claims about the product(s) or service(s) being advertised;
- Contain viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other similar harmful or deleterious programming routines; and/or
If an exception to the above Policy is sought, Lumina reserves the right to reject any Advertising Materials that do not meet any portion of the above Policy for which an exception is sough, as determined by Lumina in its sole and absolute discretion, or that do not comply with any applicable law, regulation or other judicial or administrative order, as determined in its sole discretion. In addition, Lumina reserves the right to reject any Advertising Materials that are or may tend to bring disparagement, ridicule, or scorn upon Lumina, its other advertisers and publishers, or its or their affiliates.